Friday, August 7, 2009

When A Door Opens....

A friend and I were talking this week about life and how frustrating it is when it doesn't seem to be heading where we want it to. He commented as we ended our conversation saying "doors haven't closed for you; the right one just hasn't opened yet, but it will." His comment has had me thinking a lot about doors the past couple of days. Today a door opened....but not the right door! It doesn't look like a door that will get me anywhere close to where I want my life to go, so it's hard to have faith that it's the right one. Not having any other viable options, though, I said 'yes' and walked through it accepting the challenge that it offered. It was the right thing to do....for now.







For everyone who made a guess about which photos went to France: I chose the shoes and the hollyhock. I really love the Eiffel Tower photo, and if it hadn't been so dang expensive, I might have sent all three. On the positive side, keeping the Tower means I can hang it at Red Bell Farm. Not all bad!

5 comments:

Jientje said...

Yaaay!!! I'm so glad you sent those! Who knows what doors they might open eh?

Evelyn said...

Thanks, Jientje! I hope the right door opens soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking that sometimes our doors don't always look like doors at the time!-Laury

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm curious to hear what door just opened. Sometimes those not-right doors lead to the right ones down the road ... this might be just a step in the path. I hope it is. Great picture.

Evelyn said...

Randi...I'll send you an email. The photo is a close up of the door to my church. Love those Episcopalian red doors!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin