Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Paris to Cuba

It's no secret that I love Paris. I also love Parisian music...bistro and cafe music, tunes of the bal musettes, accordian music, Django Reinhardt jazz. In fact, I've got a Parisian music CD playing right now. I also have a secret fascination with Cuba...bet you didn't know that! I think it all began with the Cuban missile crisis. That's about the first real piece of news that I remember from growing up. What is this place called Cuba that is suddenly such a big threat to us? I was intrigued by the whole Castro/General Batista/Che Guevara thing. They all seemed like 'bad boys' and bad boys were so much more interesting than the boys I knew! And then in the late 1990's I met my favorite Cuban, the cardiologist I worked for in Boulder. A superb physician, an outstanding human being...Cuba surfaced again in my life. When I saw this CD advertised on Kristin's blog, I knew I had to have it. It came in yesterday's mail and I'm not disappointed. Parisian jazz flavored with the spice of Cuba...some trumpets, a marimba. I'm dreaming of Paris and the Seine and hot Havana nights.

If you click thru at 'Parisian jazz...' you can listen to each track on the CD. While I love them all, I'd suggest you try #1 and #9 to start. Enjoy!

No comments:

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin