Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Virtual Gift


I received a virtual gift today...this mystical painting by M. Jacques Lefebrve-Linetzky. You may remember that I put a link this week to his website on my blog post about Eugene Fidler. It was his thank you for linking you to his art. I was as thrilled as I would have been opening a real present! The painting's misty colors echoed my foggy brain this morning, clouded by so many things on my 'to do' list. M. Lefebrve told me he had a poem by Robert Frost in mind when he painted it. So in honor of that:
The Road Not Taken
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
I pulled out a lovely book of poetry "Sweet and Bitter Bark: Selected Poems of Robert Frost" to find this poem for you. I'd forgotten I had this beautiful book full of poems illustrated with the paintings and photographs of such diverse artists as Van Gogh, Derain, Vlaminck, Steiglitz and Streichen, Man Ray and Monet. So actually this virtual gift has pleasured me twice. Once with its mystery that makes me think of the road of new life opportunities I hope to find in the Lot, and secondly by re-connecting me with even more wonderful art and the words of one of my favorite poets.
Merci beaucoup, M. Lefebvre!


No comments:

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin