Thursday, August 6, 2009

Euros


I bought euros today for my September trip. Aren't they pretty? American money is getting more colorful, but I still love euros the best. The down side to this loveliness is that it almost makes them feel like 'play money.' You know...the kind you got in your Monopoly game. And that makes them 'way too easy to spend! Here's another down side...when I paid for them, the Wells Fargo guy slowly shook his head and gently informed me "This is the worst exchange rate I've ever seen...they're at 1.51 dollars!" No sense doing the mental calculations...it is what it is. And as I told him..."You don't go to France to save money." Sigh~experiencing France is worth whatever it costs.

3 comments:

Isabelle said...

You might want to ask your bank how much they would charge you if you want to take euros out of an ATM while in France. The exchange rate might be more interesting for you in September (who knows!), and if they don't charge you too much it could be more interesting than exchanging all this money beforehand...

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I like your comment about not going to France to save money. :)

Before loonies and toonies (sp?), Canadian money was like Monopoly money ... the Americans at camp used to laugh about it all the time.

Evelyn said...

Hi Isabelle...I do get most of my euros at the ATM...I just like to have a little with me when I arrive so I have once less thing to worry about until jet lag goes away!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin