Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Last Piece of the Puzzle


This afternoon I put the last piece of the puzzle in place for my trip to France. Whew...what a good feeling that is! I had yet to arrange pet and lawn care for the month I'll be gone. I asked one neighbor thinking her college-age son might be interested in house-sitting; he goes to school in Missouri, so that didn't work. I left a message for another young man that I heard might be available for the month; he never called me back. I checked at my vet, and they would take Lucie for the month; very expensive plus I was afraid she'd come back to me a psychotic mess! Today I asked my neighbor, Laurie Jones; she and the kids said "Sure, no problem!" So Lucie will stay with them, and they'll come down a couple times a week to feed Sissy and scoop her litter box. They will also mow for me a couple of times while I'm gone. It's a paying gig, of course, even though she said they'd do it for nothing. I'm happy to pay them. So, now all I have to do is pack my suitcase...which, BTW, is already out, open and partly filled with the necessities for my month in France. I am totally psyched!

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I can't believe it's getting so close. I'm excited for you! Can't wait to read your posts from France.

Jientje said...

Counting the days now, are you?

Anonymous said...

For how long will you stay in France Evelyn? Oh, this is so exciting.

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin