Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Neighbor in the Lot

I made it! I'm here at Laury's after a long trip...none the worse for the wear actually. I had a minor adventure with a non-working left engine on my plane in Frankfurt. Luckily, it was discovered as the pilot ran the engines up for a power check before take-off. But unluckily, it took forever to get us all on another plane. This made my arrival in Toulouse right at rush hour, so I got to deal with massive traffic jams. Once out of the city, however, all went smoothly, and I arrived at Laury's much later than expected, but all in one piece...whew! I took this photo from Laury's terrace this morning looking up at my neighbor for the next month, the Chateau. I awoke to a quacking duck on the river which is right outside my window and the peeling of church bells from a nearby village. I'm all settled in, and we've already had a walk around the village and coffee with her friend, Jean. This is going to be fun! Come back soon for more adventures from the Lot...

5 comments:

Isabelle said...

So glad you made it safe and sound!!

Hope you have a great time until we see each other in Paris!

Jientje said...

Oh good, you've arrived safely. Enjoy!!

Decadent Housewife said...

Wonderful you arrived safely. Looking forward to your reports.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

So glad you made it safely. Can't wait to hear more!

Kristin said...

Hi Evelyn,

I'm sorry we missed seeing you... but I will enjoy catching up on your posts now (we've been busy with the wine harvest...).

It looks like you had a wonderful time in the Lot and beyond. So happy for you.

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin