Sunday, September 13, 2009

I Had a Moment....

I had a moment last night at the vernissage...one of those moments that take your breath away. The party was in full swing; Christiane was sitting at Laury's baby grand piano. I suddenly realized that I was deep in the heart of France, this lovely French woman was playing the signature French song, "La Vie en Rose," and there I was...living a dream. It was a magical moment as the melody resonated from the ancient French stone and the hewn wood beams of Laury's house accompanied by laughter and French chatter from the terrace. I am grateful for this opportunity and feel blessed that life is so good!

I'll blog more about the evening's events tomorrow....

2 comments:

Jane in Asia! said...

Oh, Evelyn, we had to same moment a world and about 9 days apart! While at Burning Man, my long-time friend, Liz, and I walked into this amazing structure. The giant, high roof was shaped sort of like offset butterfly wings. Amazingly and professionally engineered. As we walked in this young woman was just beginning to sing La Vie accompanied perfectly by a fellow on a spinet piano. (There are several pianos to be seen there, surprisingly.) We were spellbound. Then we began to move about, exploring the other areas of the structure which was completely open, allowing for listening from anywhere inside of it. Just as we'd had our fill and were strolling out, the song ended. I recall noting the timing of our entrance and exit in correlation to the song to Liz. Chilling, isn't it?
Jane

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What a wonderful moment! So glad you're there and that you made this opportunity happen.

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin