Sunday, September 6, 2009

Markets


In the past two days, I've visited a small village market in Limogne, a medium-size market in Figeac, and a larger city market in Cahors. Each were uniquely French, full of the sights and smells I love. Walking past this table of spices and herbs brought the fragrances of warm Mediterranean countries wafting past my sensitive nose. I probably don't need to describe the aroma of the fish vendor's stall! Everything we saw was fresh and bright and full of color. All three markets displayed not only produce, but also a variety of clothes, shoes, linens, household gadgets, and other items for sale.





This morning Laury and I picked up her friend, Jean to visit the nearby Limogne market. Significantly decreased in size and activity from its busy summertime, it's nonetheless charming. The air was heavy with the aroma of roasting chicken and garlic. After making a few purchases, we sat in the sun sipping a coffee. A lovely way to spend Sunday morning!
I'll spend this afternoon at the Chatette doing a bit of laundry and catching up in my travel journal. Tomorrow I leave for Montsegur and the Mediterranean. I'll plot my path on my wonderful Michelin maps and pack tonight. The adventure will continue...I may or may not have internet connection while I'm away, so don't worry if I'm 'missing in action' for a few days. I'll be back soon!

3 comments:

Jientje said...

Aaawww!!! You make me terribly jealous and homesick!! LOL! Have fun!

Isabelle said...

Looking forward to reading your next adventures, Evelyn!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Love the markets. It looks wonderful!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin