Monday, September 28, 2009

My Last Meal in France

Yes, sadly...it's true :( I ate my last meal in France at McDonald's! I didn't plan it that way, really I didn't. I don't eat at McDonald's in the States, much less in France. But I had checked into my hotel in Toulouse and returned my rental car (another adventure as they had closed the lot and taken down the kiosk where I picked it up a month ago; I didn't have a clue where I was supposed to take it). Car-less, I had to eat within walking distance of my hotel. The two little restaurants I saw on my street were done serving lunch, making McDonald's my only choice. Even in France, though, fast food has a novel twist. There was beer on the menu for one. And look closely at the bottom of this sign...
It says: 'for your health, practice regular physical activity'
Guess that's to make up for the beer and the gazillion calories in every Big Mac....which is what I had, by the way..the Big Mac, not the beer.
When's the last time your server brought your Big Mac to the table and wished you "Bon Appetit"? Now there's a novel twist we could adopt Stateside, I think!!

1 comment:

Isabelle said...

You are forgiven Evelyn ;)

To my humble opinion, the food they serve at Mc Donald's in France tastes much better than in the US (not that I'm a Mc Donald's fan, but it can be handy sometimes...).

Hope you have a safe trip home!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin