Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wet Weather Woes

I've dumped over 7 inches of rain out of my rain gauge since June 1st. Even for lush, lovely Iowa...that's a lot! On top of the heavy winter snows that stayed on the ground far into spring, this day-after-day of rain pattern has absolutely saturated the soil. These low areas in my lawn have been puddles for three days straight...the standing water never soaks in nor does it dry out as the days have been cloudy and humid even when it's not raining. I think my butterflies are suffering. Today these two just hung out on my shutters and my deck most of the day with their pretty wings spread, trying to dry out. They would sit for awhile then sluggishly flutter around before landing again and spreading their wings. We're all praying for sun!
PS....as I write this, it's raining again!

No comments:

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin