Sunday, June 6, 2010

Packing and Purging


I wish I could tell you I'm 'packing and purging' because I sold my house! That hasn't happened. But I've decided to take advantage of this time to purge, get rid of, toss, donate, and trash everything that I don't absolutely need. I've started with my book collection. I'm almost embarrassed by how many I have; it's a sickness, I think! I don't have much trouble passing on novels to others, but I can hardly bear to get rid of all the non-fiction, the memoirs, the art books, the poetry books,etc. I'm being totally ruthless, though; almost everything is going to the Half Price Bookstore. They pay you a pittance for them, but at least they take them all. I'm also triaging movies. All VHS tapes...outta here along with most of my DVDs. I do have some home movie VHS tapes that I'm recording over to DVD format. That's been fun...last night I watched Travis graduate from high school. Yes, there was a tear in my eye...20 years later!!....when they played "Pomp and Circumstance." And I cheered once again when Ernie Schmell handed Trav his diploma. Some memories absolutely have to be preserved!

No comments:

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin