Sunday, June 20, 2010

Polka Dot Clouds


Severe storms rolled across Iowa last night. While this nasty weather is getting real old, there is always some beauty in it. In the aftermath of last evening's storm, I was treated to polka dot clouds. These occur occasionally...I think it has to do with winds aloft or something. I don't need to know the science behind their formation to appreciate their beauty!  I dumped another 1/2 inch of rain out of the gauge from yesterday's storms bringing the total for my backyard to 8 inches since June 1st...about double the normal for the whole month. Guess it's a good thing I can find beauty in this wet, wet weather.
It's amazing how much prettier these polka dots are with a bit of computer enhancement!

No comments:

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin