Friday, February 12, 2010

Searching for the Sun

I always check Jilly Bennett's blogs first thing in the morning. She blogs about Menton and Monte Carlo, both located on the sunny Mediterranean coast better known as the Cote d'Azur. I do this because I need a daily shot of sunshine; I'm a California-born girl, after all. I was raised on sunshine and outdoor living. It's difficult to find both during an Iowa winter. This morning, tho, I was disappointed. Once again France is suffering with unusual cold, snowy weather. Snow on the Mediterranean? Not very often, but there's snow there today. So, I had to take matters into my own hands and search my photo archives for a bit of summery color and warmth. Makes me feel better just to look at these beautiful flowers! How about you?

I took all these flower photos last June in the Betty Ford Gardens at Vail, Colorado.

No comments:

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin