Sunday, February 7, 2010

Doors...Closing & Opening

The world turned upside down this week at Red Bell Farm. I liken it to one door slamming closed...very unexpectedly... hopefully with another one opening in the near future. I am no longer employed; long story, not pretty, so not something I'll go into here. While I say that door slammed unexpectedly, it was not surprising; the how, when and why of it was. Just as this aged closed door in St. Cirq Lapopie has elements of starry beauty on it, so does the door that just closed in my life. I feel as though a huge burden has lifted and in less than 24 hours, my brain has already shifted to a better place. I'm sleeping better. I feel more inspired, more creative and more enthusiastic about life in general than I have in a long time. All those bright stars decorate my now-closed door and they shine on my path to the future....
Peeking open, this is the door in Laury's soon-to-be-part-of-the-Chatette barn. It's still a bit dark and dim inside; I don't know exactly what's in there. Things aren't in full leaf-and-flower yet. I feel the door to my future is opening like this, slowly beckoning me in to new adventures, new inspirations, new creations. Could that future be in the Lot? Is it somewhere else? Will it be in healthcare? Or will I find my true self in another place? Only time will answer those questions. I'll keep you in the loop.

2 comments:

POSTCARDS FROM PUERTO VALLARTA said...

Dearest Evelyn,

I am so excited about your new future...this is great news. I had sensed a discontent in your stories, today I hear excitement and the sunnrise is full of dreams and plans and joy once again.

XOXO

JULES

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Wow, Evelyn. I'm so surprised to read this post. I'm sorry about the unexpectedness of the job loss but I love your view on the future - you seem filled with anticipation of what's to come. Looking forward to hearing of wonderful things ahead.

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin