Tuesday, February 9, 2010

How Did They Do That?

I have several blogs saved in 'My Favorites,' and it probably won't surprise you that many of those are about France. There are a couple that I read daily; others I check on once a week or so. Every one of them written by a person living in France at some time in their blog history relates the story of how they got to France and why they stayed. As I sit here in a state of possibility, their stories intrigue me. Would it be possible for me to live in France, full or part time? A handful of those bloggers married Frenchmen; that is probably NOT going to happen for me! Others moved businesses to France; some came for school and stayed. They all share a love for all things French, but I think it takes more than that to have a French life. I've read the information about visas and Carte de Sejour's; I know how difficult it is to move to France. Whether it's Paris or Provence or the Lot, it takes a lot of determination and a fair amount of financial resources to make life in France a reality. I'm totally open to ideas, though. Let me know what you think...how do you think I could make this possibility into a reality? If you live in France, I'm open to any insider tips you might have as well!

Roussillon in the Luberon, Provence
Along the Lot River from the Belgian Cross upstream from Cajarc.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Moving to France seven years ago was the best decision we ever made. :)

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin