Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Save the Date



Save the date...September 12, 2009! That's the date of Laury's 'gala galerie' event. What? You won't be in France then and you have no idea where Cadrieu is?? Well, I'll be in France and staying in Cadrieu, so I'll be there. And even more exciting is that I'll also be 'showing' my photography at Laury's vernissage. These are the photos that I've chosen to enlarge, mat and frame. I'll pick one or two of them to take/send to France for the 'galerie' You've seen all of them in other blog posts; in fact one of them is the banner for this blog. When I picked up the enlargements, the shop owner suggested that I mat/frame them in simple off-white with plain black frames. She and her husband judge juried art shows, so I probably should have taken her advice. Instead when I got to the frame shop, I decided to go with very pale colored mats that complement each photo and plain, brushed metal subtly colored frames. We'll see how they turn out. Yes, it was very pricey, but I wanted them to look nice. I'm leaning toward the shoes. Much as I love my Eiffel Tower photo, I probably will leave that one at home. Somehow it seems a bit cliche for a French art show. What do you think? Do you have a favorite?
Now you know why I was finally inspired to make my business cards. I may just have a business after all!

No comments:

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin