Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"Broken"

I'm off to Reno this afternoon. I'm very excited to see my brother Jim, my nephew John , and my Dad. And I'm excited to start this new book that just arrived in yesterday's mail! Here's the connection (you know, there's always some kind of connection for me!). Lisa Jones, the author of "Broken" is a friend of my dear friend, Edith. They were neighbors for awhile in Boulder. And Edith....in her younger days...spent some time on the Wind River Reservation at Ethete working with Native American kids. She's met Stanford who is the subject of this book. Now is that a cool connection, or what? I'm looking forward to enjoying the book; I'll give it a review when I finish it, but in the meantime, enjoy this YouTube video that features Lisa reading while photos of the Rez entertain you. If you have further interest, Lisa has a website and blog.

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's a crazy connection ... I think Edith has more connections than anyone I know. I'll have to check out that book. Enjoy Reno!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin