Friday, June 12, 2009

Getting Closer...


Last evening, I walked thru the freshly-mown grass to the mailbox to retrieve the day's mail. As I quickly scanned the envelopes, I shouted a happy "Yippee!" This was my reward for three hours of exhausting mowing...my International Driving Permit had arrived! It's not necessary to have this permit to drive in France, but everything I've read says that if you're in an accident or have some sort of trouble on the road, the more identification and official 'papers' you have, the better. It's easy to get thru AAA and only costs $15 plus the price of the two passport photos it requires. Can you read the date? August 31, 2009 is getting closer...and I'm getting more excited about my trip to the Lot. My permit and my passport are now safely tucked away in my money belt that I use when I travel. And guess what? I found a 50 euro bill in it when I added the driving permit. France, here I come!

3 comments:

Isabelle said...

I'm thrilled for you Evelyn!!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

How exciting! Will you be blogging while you're away? I hope so.

Evelyn said...

I will definitely blog while I'm in France...that's one reason I bought my little netbook. I will have wireless access where I'm staying.

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin