Monday, April 20, 2009

A Weekend Away


I'm just back from a lovely weekend away to visit my friend, Edith. She's been living in Wichita, KS this winter caring for her godmother, Barbara. The reason I picked this particular weekend to visit was to help Edith sell her beautiful cards at an art fair at the Bartlett Arboretum. Located in Belle Plaine, KS, the Arb as it's affectionately known, is the passion of Robin Macy, a founding member of the Dixie Chicks and gardener extraordinaire. Art at the Arb kicks off a summer season of fund-raising events in support of Robin's continued restoration of this magical place. I'll spend the next few days blogging about adventures from the weekend and sharing some beautiful images of the Arb in its springtime glory. I'll also tell you a bit more about Robin and her mission, her 'Soil Sisters,' her new husband, Kentucky, and a whole host of fun people I met this weekend. I love having Edith for my friend; time spent with her is always fun, lively, and full of warm memories.
This is one of the pink flowering dogwood trees at the Arb. There are several white ones as well. Are you anxious to see more???

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Aw, I love Edith. Would love to see her again.

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin