Saturday, April 4, 2009

Be Careful What You Wish For....

You know that saying..'be careful what you wish for because you may just get it?' Just like Jiminy Cricket here, I've wished on many a star in my day. Big stars, little stars, shooting stars, and even stars that were really planets ( I never could learn to tell them apart). Today, one of my wishes actually came true, kind of. I was offered an opportunity to do something I've longed to do by a very generous person whom I don't really even know. I'm mulling it over right now. Of course, every fiber in my being is shouting "Go for it!" And of course, my brain is shouting "How can you ever make this happen?" I've read all those books that advise you to take the leap of faith and say YES! to opportunity. I know I should let God take care of the 'how to do' this. I know in my heart this is a chance that I can't let pass me by. I know those things; now I just need to make my brain know them. Which will win....heart or head?

Click here for a hint about my dream. It's not Paris, but close....

6 comments:

Isabelle said...

Is your dream to become a chef?

Evelyn said...

No, not a chef! I just love the music! I've actually been offered the chance to come to the southwest part of France for a month and help someone evaluate an idea that she has. I could stay at no charge and give her feedback about her plan; my costs would be getting there and figuring out the logistics of being gone for a month. My heart screams yes! my brain yells no way! What do you think???

Isabelle said...

I'm saying go for it!!!

One month is not so long, I'm sure you can find a way to organize everything while you're gone.

If you don't do it you'll have never ending regrets...

And I'm sure you'll find a way to spend a few days in Paris, and this way we can finally meet ;)

Evelyn said...

Mais oui, bien sur! I would definitely make a trip to Paris! Thanks for the encouragement!

Jientje said...

GO FOR IT GIRL!!!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

DO IT!!!! I think you'll regret it if you don't figure out a way to make it work. How exciting.

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin