Wednesday, April 29, 2009

One of Those Days...


Maybe you don't have them, but I do. And it seems like they're getting more frequent. You know...one of those days when everything gets on your last nerve. When you almost hate to open an email or answer the phone because you know it's going to be something or someone irritating. I thought about this a lot driving home; how unproductive and unsatisfying it is to have days like this. I thought about what I should do to one: not have any more wasted, irritable days and two: what to do now to change this negative energy. Finding an answer to number two proved to be the easier one to figure out. Simply looking at this photo that I swiped from Mr. Google immediately soothed my soul. There is something about moving water that speaks to me. I can almost hear the swishing sound the river makes as it passes under the bridge. In the distance it appears to flow over a little drop-off. Can you hear it splash? Feel the spray in the breeze? This is a picture from Vers, a small village just east of Cahors. Now that this beautiful photo has worked its magic, I remember that I'll be working my own magic here in the Lot in the not-too-distant future. Maybe I'll have my very own photo from Vers!

No comments:

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin