Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday Update

Just a quick entry to let you know that I should be back to blogging a little more regularly. I've been in the midst of a very big and very painful project at work that has totally consumed my brain...no room left over to be very creative or thoughtful about writing when I get home. Yesterday was the 'go live' date; no big problems or insurmountable issues, but several 'ya gotta laugh' moments as the day unfolded. We'll continue to have little bumps in the road, but overall, it went okay. As much as I hate to blog about work, I think it's important for you to know that the horrible economy is mostly responsible for this past month of pain. I was directed to eliminate part of the department that I manage which meant telling 9 people that after April 1st they would no longer have jobs. If that wasn't painful enough (and trust me, I hope to NEVER have to do that again!), I then had to re-distribute all the myriad of tasks and duties that they do. A big piece was outsourced to a centralized dispatch center in Omaha, NE...long distance radio and phone communications with my flight crew and the aircraft. Not my area of expertise..thank goodness it's theirs! Various departments in the hospital got the rest of the work...a gazillion things. Are you surprised that those departments and their management were less than enthusiastic about assuming more work with less resources??? It's been a month that I hope I never have to live through again!

2 comments:

Jientje said...

Not a very pleasant thing to do!

Jientje said...

I have something for you. Would you drop by to come and get it? I think it's special.

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin