Monday, April 27, 2009

Melange-ing Magic


Does this photo speak to your soul? Does it whisper tales of long ago in your ear and lead your mind into dreams of mystery, magic, and romance? It does all those things to me...and more. The smaller building is Chatette; its big brother on the hill, the Chateau. They sit beside the Lot River on the outskirts of Cadrieu, France. Chatette is where I'll be spending the month of September this year, thanks to an opportunity offered me by Laury Bourgeois. I swiped this photo from her blog, Soar-Dream-France. Please click over to check it out. I decided spending time here is an opportunity I simply can't turn down. I've never been to southwest France, but I'm busily reading up on its history and culture. I love that I'll have enough time to just 'be,' to see if living in France is something that would actually work for me. Of course, I've got a couple of little trips I want to do, but I plan to spend the majority of my time exploring the Lot and enjoying French life. If spending time here appeals to you, please read Laury's comments in my blog sidebar. See you in the Lot?

4 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm so glad you're doing this ... what an amazing opportunity!

Jientje said...

I'm JEAULOUS!!!!!
No, I'm so glad you can do this, honestly!

Isabelle said...

See you in Paris, Evelyn?

Evelyn said...

I may get up to Paris, Isabelle. I'll keep you posted.

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin