Monday, October 13, 2008

Tilleul Tea

It's a cold rainy afternoon at Red Bell Farm. Somehow it seems like just the right kind of day for a warm cup of tea to relax with after work. I searched through my tea basket until I found a box of tilleul tea that I bought last year in Provence. I had never tried it before that trip, but one night after dinner, Babeth suggested it might be just the right thing to settle our tummies and relax us for bed. As Americans Marie and I weren't used to finishing dinner at 11pm and often found it difficult to sleep after eating so late. Babeth brewed the tea and we tried it; it worked like a charm! Patrick relied on aged cognac instead.



If you click on the tilleul tea link, be sure to scroll down the page until you reach the information about this lovely tea.






Patrick and Babeth of Famous Provence.

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Interesting. Have you found any here? Was the flavor quite different than anything we have?

Evelyn said...

I haven't really looked for this tea. Another name for it is linden tea as it's made from the flowers of the linden tree. It kind of tastes like delicate flowers.

Jientje said...

I don't like tilleul tea, my mother made me drink it when I was ill, and that memory is still very strong I suppose!!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin