Friday, October 3, 2008

Not Such Good News

There's bad news from the blog-o-sphere. Polly Lyman, creator of one of my very favorite Paris blogs, is going home. Home to the United States, leaving Paris! Oh, say it isn't so, Polly! I am SO bummed. My guess is that Polly is more bummed than I am, though. When I read her comments on Polly-Vous Francais today, I could feel her disappointment. It seems that it's a financial thing...the dollar is so weak against the Euro, living in Paris is tres cher, and I can't help but think that perhaps the volatile stock market and the financial crisis we're in the midst of may have something to do with her decision as well. Sigh! I do hope that wherever she settles Stateside that she'll keep blogging. I love her comments of life, no matter where life finds her. I think another reason I feel so sad about this is that perhaps my dream of living in France someday is also in jeopardy. If Polly can't make it happen, can I??

One bright spot from the world of blogs, however, is a new one that I discovered today called The Bold Soul. This blog is from Paris as well written by a woman who is a writer and a life coach. She was bold enough to move to Paris to follow her dream; maybe she can inspire me to do the same.

2 comments:

Jientje said...

You should keep believing in it, Evelyn, and then one day, you'll live your dream!

Polly-Vous Francais said...

Do keep believing in the dream, Evelyn!

I wouldn't have traded my three years in Paris for anything!

And thanks for your kind words.

Bises,
Polly

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin