Saturday, October 18, 2008

A New Journal


I started a new journal this morning. Does it surprise you that I have been an almost daily journaler for many years? My guess is...it doesn't! And I have a whole shelf on my bookcase dedicated to filled journals to prove my daily habit.I actually had two new bright empty journals to choose from; I picked this one for its 'connections.' Entitled Provencal Entree, the photo is by Lisa Taylor Huff who is the author of Bold Soul, a blog I've recently begun following. If you click through the link on the photo's title, you can see some of Lisa's other photos on items for sale through CafePress.
Of course, I love this journal because it combines two of my favorite things...Provence and Provencal doors. It also connects with two other passions I have...photography and writing. Lisa is primarily a writer who is also a life coach inspiring others to become their own Bold Souls. What better inspiration for a journal?
Because I've been told that the only way to make dreams come true is to put them out there for the Universe to work on, I've decided to share part of my very first entry in this journal.
"Here is my goal that I will work on from now until this journal is filled...and beyond! The goal:
a new life living and writing in Provence. I have no idea how I'll make that happen...but
today, as I begin this new journal I'll re-dedicate myself that with God's help, I will make
this happen!"
Okay...so now you know my deepest dream. I don't know how to make the dream come true. I don't how in the world to come up with the money to enable this dream. Yes, I know I'm 'way too old to go off and live in a foreign country with no income, possibly no talent, all alone. Yes, I've thought about all the 'what ifs.' What if I get sick, what if someone in my family gets sick, what if I never see my grandchildren again, what if I end up being a homeless bag lady. My feeling is you can 'what if' yourself into never doing anything. And anyone reading this who knows me (like my family and friends) knows that I've always had a tendency to seek the adventure instead of the safe, non-what if path.
Wish me luck! No matter what happens, no matter if I never make my dream come true....it will be an adventure!

5 comments:

Jientje said...

I wish you luck Evelyn, from the bottom of my heart.
I have "what-iffed" away too many a dream in my life.
Maybe we can become two old bag ladies sleeping on the front porch of the pink house in Goult?
I'm sure if we find a way to diguise ourselves into two lazy cats, we might even get away with it, and get fed as well?

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love that and I can't imagine you NOT living in France one day. I'm going to pray that it happens for you ... that all the pieces fall into place for you to live the life you dream of, eating baguettes and drinking cafe. ;)

Evelyn said...

Thank you both for your encouragement!

Roy Evan Burstiner said...

Hi, I found your site via our friend Isabelle. I feel the same way in that if you subject ideas & dreams out there in the universe, fate can sometimes make it so. -Roy

The Inside Skinny Girl said...

Well aren't you lovely! I found your wonderful post about my Provencal Entree journal during a few moments of down-time while Googling myself. You never know what you'll find when you do that, but this was a very pleasant discovery. So happy to know you're enjoying both journal and blog!

Lisa Taylor Huff
a.k.a. TheBoldSoul.com

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin