Sunday, September 7, 2008

One Last Door

The door challenge is over, but I couldn't resist posting one last door. This one is a painted garage door in Roussillon. It's one of Marie's favorite doors; every trip she makes to Provence, she has someone take her picture in front of it. It's on one of the little village streets, not in a major tourist area. I think it's lovely. Whoever keeps it painted (it's refreshed periodically...much brighter and more vivid this trip than in 2005) is obviously a talented artist.

As I looked through my photo archives, I was surprised to see how many pictures of doors I have from my visits to France. I'm not sure why this is except that doors seem to be a part of the French artistic culture, perhaps a way to add a touch of beauty to the stone facades of the village buildings?

PS...from the last post...door of possibility: I looked at an enlarged version of the photo and see that the sign is for a beauty shop! Not sure what 'electrique' is all about...maybe electric curling???

1 comment:

Webradio said...

Hello !

Elle est très jolie Ta "dernière" porte...

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin