Saturday, September 13, 2008

Blogging

I've been pretty lazy about blogging this past week. The week-long door challenge about did me in! It's hard to blog every single day; hats off to those who manage to do that. Plus once I got the 'bug' I just had to check out everyone's blog that was participating in the challenge. It's like an addiction--I couldn't help myself! So, this week I've been doing a 'blog cleanse.' I've been checking my regular blog stops, but haven't even thought about doing an entry myself.

My brother, Jim, called last night. He's probably my most avid blog fan. He and Beth, his fiance, read my blog faithfully, and he always comments on something I've written when he calls. It's very weird...people who I thought would read my blog, don't; Jim does even though I didn't think he'd be interested at all. What's up with that? Blogging is a fun way to stay connected with him.

It's also been a fun way to connect with people I don't even know. I read Heaven in Belgium regularly and have found a kindred soul in Jientje, its creator. She and I love Provence, especially Goult. Reading Polly-Vous Francais daily also led me to Painting Paris. I almost feel as if I know Polly and Mary Blake just from reading their blogs. Paris Daily Photo keeps me in touch with my favorite city. Eric, its creator, has supplied me with some great notecards created from his photos, as well as my 2009 wall calendar. Peter of Peter's Paris has piqued my interest about some new places to visit on my next trip to Paris. Isabelle doesn't have a blog, but she occasionally visits mine and leaves a fun comment. She translated a sign for me that she saw on one of my door posts. She lives outside of Paris, so I always appreciate her French take on my posts!

Nathalie lives in Avignon and posts the most beautiful photos on her blog. I discovered a blog written by Jo Ann that's all about Saignon and the Luberon area...my favorite Provencal place. She and I have emailed; she actually lives in Michigan, but spends much of the year living in Saignon. I may arrange language lessons with her when I get to Provence again as she's a retired French teacher.

Blogging has totally opened up my world to new people and new experiences. And to think...my Texas friend started it all. Thanks, Randi...my love to you and the other 5 Dukes!

3 comments:

Isabelle said...

Dear Evelyn, I'm really happy to read that you appreciate the comments that I leave sometimes on your blog! Actually, although I don't comment every time, I check your blog everyday and love the way you talk about your trips and everything else. Like you said blogs are very addictive!

Carletta said...

Hi Evelyn,
I was happy you stopped by my blog place today.
Your post today says it all for me. I did a bridge challenge right before the door one and this week I've done yet another challenge. I'm so hoping nobody comes up with somthing that I can't resist. LOL!
I do blog everyday and it is a challenge. You used the word addiction - EXACTLY right.
Take care.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

The blogging world is fun, isn't it? I love the sharing of lives and ideas. I love reading yours ... keep it coming!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin