Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Friend, Edith

I often mention my friend, Edith, in my blog entries. She's a dear friend whom I don't get to see often enough. I always enjoy her visits. While she didn't think this was such a great picture of her, I like it because it shows one of the things I like best about Edith...her great smile and fun-to-be-with personality. On this visit in early September, we enjoyed dinner out, a day of antiquing, a movie (see Mamma Mia! post), and shopping at a great place in Adel, IA...Atherton House. I discovered this shop a few years ago; it's where I buy my yearly santon. I was pleased to see santons made by the Fouque family during my visits to Provence. We also attended church, St. Timothy's Episcopal, in West Des Moines. Edith's father was an Episcopal priest. Imagine her surprise when our priest, Mary, mentioned Father Fly in her homily...a priest that Edith's father knew well when they lived in Wichita! Edith is researching her family's "Father Fly" stories which I'll share with Mary.

It's another one of those connection things that fascinate me so much!


No comments:

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin