Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter's Beauty


I'm not going to write about the snow, the roads covered with black ice, the howling wind or drifted snow making my driveway impassable. You don't need to be reminded that this has been a brutal winter of ice, blizzards, and frigid temperatures. Travel not advised anywhere in central Iowa, dangerous wind chill advisories, the 'no tow' ordinance in effect...once again I'm working from home. What I am going to let you enjoy is the beauty that winter brings...frosty, sparkle-y traces of ice on the windows...
and the outside viewed through frosty 'curtains.' I'm snug and warm inside until it's safe to venture outside once again.

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

We're in the middle of an "arctic blast" here in north Texas ... 60 hours below freezing temps. Not loving it.

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin