Friday, January 1, 2010

Miss No Moments of Beauty


I used those words..'miss no moments of beauty' this morning in a comment I made on Laury's blog. My intention was to get a photo of the New Year's Eve Blue Moon. I took a couple of shots last night, but all I got was a big ball of light surrounded by black...not very interesting. So this morning I thought I'd try to catch the setting moon in the half-light of dawn. Alas, caught up in my journal, I missed that moment of beauty! When I looked outside, the western sky was gray, the full moon gone. As I said to Laury, I hope this isn't a sign for 2010 and vowed to 'miss no moments of beauty' again. Laury thought that could be our 2010 motto; I think she's right. So, you'll have to be content with this full moon taken last winter from my front yard looking toward the eastern sky. It was rising in the early evening above a very frozen field. It was a moment of beauty I caught a few days after the winter solstice. In the deep, dark winter, every moment of beauty I can catch warms my heart. What warms your heart when winter settles in?


2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That picture is beautiful. And I love 2010's motto ... a great way to live.

Trubes said...

What warms my heart when Winter sets in, is, a roaring log fire and sharing a lovely roast dinner with my family and friends and even better snow outside.


Happy New Year,

Di.x

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin