Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, Edith!

Today is my good friend, Edith's birthday. Her friends, Maggi and Jon are having a big birthday party for her tonight in Boulder. How I wish I could attend and help honor my friend! This blog post will have to suffice, tho. Edith is a fellow-Capricorn; we share a lot of the same passions--travel, art, photography, nature. Edith, however, is blessed with what I call 'travel karma.' She seems to attract opportunities to GO. She's been around the world and has traveled to all 50 states. She hasn't gone anywhere recently, tho, so I predict a big trip will present itself to her in 2010. For Edith...a blessing from John O'Donohue's book of blessings...

"Blessed be the mind that dreamed the day
The blueprint of your life
Would begin to glow on earth,
Illuminating all the faces and voices
That would arrive to invite
Your soul to growth."

Happy Birthday, Edith!

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Happy Birthday to Edith! She really is a traveler, isn't she? She's known in our family (by Eli and Kennedy) as the lady that's been to every state!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin