Saturday, January 23, 2010

Happiness Is a New Washing Machine

I'm sitting here listening to the gentle hum and swish of a load of whites washing. It's a sound that hasn't been heard at Red Bell Farm since last August when my washing machine quit agitating, spun itself into a frenzy and spewed water all over the floor! Edith was here visiting, so I had to curtail my usual flow of bad words. I just mopped up the mess and said Scarlett O'Hara-like "I'll deal with it another day." I shut the water off to it and went to France for the month of September. October was busy with work, a trip to San Diego and buying a new car. Then November came--Thanksgiving--followed by the Christmas holidays, and continued trips to the laundromat with the promise to myself that I would definitely deal with it after the first of the year. Last weekend, I did! I even bought the 5 year warranty so that if I sell Red Bell Farm, it will stay under warranty for its new owner. Lowe's delivered this morning and I couldn't be happier with their service. Okay, how lame is this that the highlight of my weekend is washing clothes???


1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love new appliances! Looks like you'll be having happy laundry days once again!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin