Sunday, January 3, 2010

Way of the Monk, Path of the Artist


I gave myself the Christmas gift of a 6-week online class: Way of the Monk, Path of the Artist. As a regular reader of Abbey of the Arts blog, I was intrigued when Christine announced that she would be offering this class. Since by no stretch of the imagination can I be called an artist, I emailed her and asked if 'wannabes' like me could participate. "Of course!" she replied. So, I signed up. I'm interested in spiritual practices and I love art...seems to be a good fit. Our 'community' has begun to form; we've each introduced ourselves beginning with a 6 word memoir. Mine is: Seeker of adventure, spirit, and beauty. Then we each shared a bit more about ourselves and had the opportunity to upload photos to the community album. Tomorrow is the first day of class. I have a feeling after reading about my classmates that I may be in 'way over my head. Wish me luck!

No comments:

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin