Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Piece of Provence

In a previous post, I wrote about the lovely holy water font collection that hangs on the living room wall in my favorite Provence B & B. Browsing the blog-o-sphere, I found a blog from Provence, Le Trip, whose author deals in brocante and antiques. I checked out her Etsy store which provided a way to email her, which I did. Long story short, I purchased this large holy water font from her. She mailed it to me during her recent Stateside visit and voila, here it is! It's 18 inches high by 10 inches wide. The red material is velvet...a little worn and rubbed, but beautiful. I tried it several places in my house, but it's big enough that it really needs its own wall, so here it hangs in my guest bedroom

Here's a close up of the detail. It's quite nice. I asked Jill about the provenance of the piece. She only knew that it came from the Aix-en-Provence area and looks to be from the 1800s. I'm very pleased with it.
This is #25 on my list of favorite things about Paris and Provence. Thanks for letting me enjoy them all with you!
You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin