Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Seine by Boat

Yes, it's touristy. Yes, it's corny and cliche. And yes, you must do this at least once in your lifetime. A boat ride on the Seine through Paris is my favorite thing # 10. If the weather is warm and clear, try a night time tour. Even in rainy, cool weather, you can do the tour and sit inside out of the elements. It's a great experience. I did my Seine boat trip on a lovely September evening combined with an Illumination Tour. We began at the Eiffel Tower, boarded the boat and after completing the river part of the evening, drove around the city in a van to view all the wonderful public and private buildings that are lit up at night. It was magical! I will definitely do it again. My photos of the Tower were even blurrier than this one a snagged from Google. I think you can tell, though, that the twinkling Tower is a spectacular sight.


Here are some places to visit on the Internet for more information:

Batobus...great pictures!
Bateaux Mouches
Bateaux Parisien...pictures & music to get you in the mood!
Vedettes Pont-Neuf
Paris Vision



Enjoy your cruise!

1 comment:

Jientje said...

I've never done that. But it's been twenty seven years since I last visited Paris. Can you believe that?

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin