Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Favorite Village

Back to Provence for more of my favorite things. I've already blogged at length about Goult, my favorite Provencal village. Each village is lovely in its own way; Goult speaks to my soul mainly because it's less touristy and more about real life in Provence, yet still retains all the charm of its more popular 'perched' neighbors. I also love the doors of Goult like this one. They are all beautiful and unique. Some have the year the doorway was built etched in the capstone; some are made of beautifully carved wood. This doorway is framed with gorgeous stonework. I've blogged about many of these doors in the past during Jientje's doors challenge, but this is one I didn't include. Here's another thing that fascinates about these old, beautiful doors...I just know they are the entryways into stories. Stories of old Provence, stories of lives lived inside. Stories of drama, intrigue, affairs, death, birth. I'm just itching to know those stories, aren't you? Writing about the doors and the secret stories they hide is one of my book ideas for that day when I am living a literary life in Provence. Would you buy a book about these stories?

Goult and doors....numbers #11 and # 12 on my list of favorites. If you like doors, check out these on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhh/sets/72157600156909115/

3 comments:

Frenchee Le Trip said...

That is a beautiful idea to write a book around.

Jientje said...

I would buy that book!!
I know where that door is. I'm equally fascinated by doors, I never can resist photographing them. I hope to do that together with you some day!

Evelyn said...

Jientje...you take the photos & I'll write the stories. We'll be rich and famous when our book sells a gazillion copies!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin