Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sainte Chapelle

One definition of a favorite thing is that it is a place or an experience you would repeat over and over because it gives so much pleasure. Ste. Chapelle is just such a place. I would visit it again and again to experience that moment of breath-taking awe I feel when I reach the top of the narrow stone spiral stairs that lead to the chapel. "Oh my God!" I whisper as I remind myself that I need to keep moving into the room; there are others behind me on the stairs. Staring with mouth open at the magnificent stained glass windows, I lose track of time and place. This moment is # 6 on my list of 25 favorite things about Paris and Provence

3 comments:

sharelle said...

Evelyn, it's wonderful to discover your blog! I'm so not a foodie, but reading your blog makes my mouth water nonetheless. Lovely photography too. Would you please email me the address of your other blog? Thanks! sharellemoranville@mac.com I also have a website www.sharellebyarsmoranville.com. And to think I sat beside you in prayer group for two months and didn't know this about you . . .

Isabelle said...

Bonjour Evelyn!
I've been to 2 classical music concerts at the Sainte Chapelle. Magic!
If you want to check out the people who give these concerts, here is their website (in French, sorry!)

http://www.archetspf.asso.fr/

Evelyn said...

I didn't know there were concerts at Sainte Chapelle! I went to a concert at St. Germain-des-Pres on Easter Monday and it was spectacular. I will definitely check out music opportunities by Les Archets the next time I'm in Paris. Their website is lovely and if my poor French is correct, it looks like they're performing at Ste. Chapelle on March 6...wish I could be in Paris for that!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin