Saturday, February 28, 2009

Markets by Jientje


My blogger friend, Jientje, read Friday's blog entry and took pity on my whining about not having pictures from my favorite Provencal markets. She emailed me these to share with you. The first two are from Isle sur l"Sorgue where Jientje goes on holiday every summer. She and her husband rent the same place in Isle each summer and spend their vacation exploring the Luberon You can see some of the antique and brocante on display





The market winds along narrow side streets as

well as lining the banks of the Sorgue River. At full swing, the crowds are thick...one reason to go early even if it is Sunday!










This is Coustellet.
It's a much smaller market and more shopper friendly, I think. Look at those sunflowers! Arent' they gorgeous? My B & B hostess, Dani, always shops this Saturday morning market for her weekly groceries.

Do go visit Jientje at her blog, Heaven in Belgium. It's one of my very favorites; she always has beautiful photos to share.

1 comment:

Jientje said...

Three and a half months to go. I'm counting the days!
Thanks for the linky love!!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin