Friday, February 27, 2009

Provencal Markets

Back to Provence for #20 on my favorite things list....markets! Every Provencal village has a market day where vendors set up much like our Farmer's Markets in the States. Every kind of fruit and vegetable in season is on display. There are vendors who sell meat, cheese, fish, sausage, spices, on and on. The bigger markets also include clothing, linens, shoes, almost anything you can imagine. The big Sunday market in Isle-sur-l'Sorgue is famous for its antiques; the Saturday market in Apt has something for everyone. Here's a tip: go early to find a parking place and the best selection; go late (nearer to noon when they pack up to leave) to find possible bargains. As intrigued as I was with every market I visited, I never took one picture! I had to rely on Google for this one. Next time.....

3 comments:

Jientje said...

Shall I send you one of mine?

Evelyn said...

Jientje...I would love one of yours! May I put it in a blog entry and give you credit?

Jientje said...

Of course!! I'll send you some from l'Isle, or maybe from Coustellet, I'll see!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin