Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Save the Date

A couple of weeks ago I received a 'Save the Date' letter in the mail. The date: October 9,2009. The occasion: my 45th high school reunion! Can you believe that? I can't! Of course, I was a child prodigy, a mere toddler when I was in high school. Yeah, right! Anyway...I rsvp'd that I could possibly come and received an email a few days later from one of the women on the planning committee....Becky Ray....and a great wave of nostalgia swept over me (see blog entries from earlier this week). Becky and I were in the same 4th grade class at Orangethorpe Elementary School. The school year was 1955-56 according to the class picture I dragged out of the bottom of a drawer in my office. More on that class picture in another post; the picture shown here is one that Becky emailed me. Where she found it, I haven't a clue because I truly don't remember it ever being taken. But there I am, bottom left (wish I could claim to be one of the cute ones...alas not). The adorable girl next to me is Patty McGuire and Becky's identified the girl standing on the far right as Martha Tabor. Martha was one of my best friends in junior high, so this picture must be circa 1958-59. Neither of us can identify the other two girls. Maybe our friend, Mary Wiechec, will know who they are. Mary was my best friend in 4th grade; we lived walking distance to each other's house. She's also on the reunion planning committee, and Becky emailed the picture to her as well. Schoolmates from over 50 years ago, connected by the Internet. Who would have ever guessed that when we were 9 years old?!

No comments:

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin