Thursday, November 27, 2008

"...And be thankful."

It's Thanksgiving morning, and I'm overwhelmed with thoughts of family and friends! While I'll stay home this holiday, my thoughts will travel all over the country, and indeed, the world. I wish I had pictures of all my family and friends to share; this collage of Travis, Becky, Parker and Chase will have to represent everyone. They are so dear to me! I am so thankful for the gift of family and friends. This entry's title comes from verses in Colossians 3:14-17. My friend, Randi, has challenged her older children to find verses in Scripture that reference being thankful, write them down and place them in their "Scripture jar." Her family will read the verses that Kennedy and Eli found at Thanksgiving dinner tonight. Wonder if they found these verses from Colossians?

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

We didn't have that one and I love it ... there are so many amazing verses. Thanks for sharing. Hope your day wasn't lonely ... I was thinking about you.

Evelyn said...

Randi...Nope, not lonely at all! I love having 4 days off from work so I can just putter and do things I don't normally take time to do...like give myself a pedicure! Thanks for linking up the potato-goat cheese recipe. I'm going to try it.

Jientje said...

Happy Thanksgiving Evelyn!
I'm thankful that you're my friend!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin