Friday, February 1, 2008

Happy Birthday, Trav!


36 years ago today was the worst day of my life...who says you forget the pain of childbirth? It was also the very, very best day of my life because it was the day Travis was born! Who knew that 8 lbs. 6 ounces of squalling baby boy could bring so much joy into my life? Sure, there have been times of worry, times of frustration, but most of the time, life with Travis has been a blessing and has filled me with pride.
I called him today to wish him "Happy Birthday" and to say "I LOVE YOU!" He was at home, on 'Parker duty,' getting ready to go to basketball practice this afternoon. He's the assistant boys BB coach at Gardiner High School again this year. He loves doing it. Tomorrow they take a 3 hr. road trip to play an away game at Twin Bridges, MT. Between basketball, work, and hunting, he's had a busy fall and winter
I can't tell you how proud I am of the boy who's turned into a fine man and a good daddy. I love you, Trav!

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

It must give you a great sense of satisfaction to realize that's your baby boy ... all grown up with children of his own. How fun!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin