Saturday, February 2, 2008

Dream of Spring

I'm trying very hard NOT to think about the 'complex winter storm' due to hit Iowa tomorrow night. It's predicted to have a mixture of everything with ice accumulation south of I-80 (that's my neighborhood). So today I'm concentating instead on my pretty Provencal dining room table and dreams of spring.

The orange and yellow tulips are from the grocery store, but everything else is from France. The tablecloth and the coordinating napkin (black and cream Provencal bees on orange) came from the big Saturday market in Apt. The bright orange plastic flower napkin ring has a twin and two hot pink 'cousins' that all came from a darling shop in St. Remy de Provence. My favorite piece, though, is the little iron bird. I bought her at Gatti...brocante-decoration, Rue de la Republique in Goult...on a warm spring day last April. Just looking at my table cheers me up! Couple that scene with a warm slice of spinach-shrimp-goat cheese quiche served up on a square plate decorated with a sheaf of lavender that I bought in the Marais in Paris....well, I've forgotten all about that winter storm bearing down on Iowa!

Let's just hope the weather forecasters are wrong, huh? I'm not sure I can deal with ice again.

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Mmmm, I wish I were there eating that yummy-sounding quiche with you ... sitting at that beautiful table! I miss our lunch days.

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin