Sunday, February 17, 2008

Are You Confused?



It dawned on me as I look back over previous blog posts that you might be a bit confused about my friend, Mickey and my friend, Marie. They are the exact same person! Mickey and I lived across the street from each other in high school. In those days, she was 'Mickey, Mickey Mouse, Mary Louise, and Princess Mary Louise Louise.' She began to call herself by her real name, Marie, later. I try to say Marie, but frequently lapse into her old high school nickname. Mickey isn't exactly the most professional name for a person who sells multi-gazillion dollar homes, huh? Here's one of the joys of Marie's friendship: she doesn't do email very well. This means I get real, in-the-mailbox, snail-mail from her! Like yesterday...there in the box was the familiar dark blue Sotheby's mailer with Marie's return address on it. Inside was the food section of the Los Angeles Times that contained a fascinating article about Anne Willan, a cookbook author and gourmet chef, who has just moved to Santa Monica from an 18 bedroom chateau in France. It came complete with recipes!

This is a picture of Marie/Mickey from our trip to Provence in 2005. We were enjoying a tres Provencal dinner in Patrick's tiny kitchen in Goult. Baguette, cheese, olives, Cavaillon melon and ham...and of course, a bottle of luscious Provencal red wine. Chin-chin!!

PS...back in those high school days, I was 'Evie,' my brother, Jim, answered to 'Jiminy Crickets' or 'Crickets', and brother Walt was known throughout the neighborhood as 'Go-Go Gomez,' Willy Lump-Lump,' or just plain 'Lump.' Guess it's a good thing we all grow up!

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I've heard about Mickey forever and that's the first time I made the connection - thanks for clarifying! You gotta love a snail mail friend - there's nothing better than a surprise in the mailbox. She reminds me of Rachel.

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin