Monday, January 28, 2008

Travel Swap Update



Yesterday I put my travel swap goodies into the mail. In case my travel pen pal is reading this, I won't spoil the surprise by telling you what I included. I didn't include anything about Paris, however, since Nadja lives in Courdimanche, which is right outside of Paris. I figured she'd have plenty of first hand knowledge about the city.

It's been fun getting to know a stranger! Nadja was born in Switzerland and went to college at BYU in Utah. She did a Spanish-speaking mission in California for the LDS church. Her husband is from New Zealand and is part Tongan; they have 7 children. I don't need to ask her what she does for a job....caring for 7 kids has got to be a full time occupation! All her children are bilingual...English/French; the older ones also speak a little Dutch. I feel so uneducated that I'm not bilingual...not even close, inspite of the few French phrases and words I've taught myself. I'm looking forward to Nadja stretching my language skills with a few French words here and there.

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I can't wait to see what you sent and then what you receive. You'll have to post photos later!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin