Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Perfect Gift

You know that feeling, don't you? That warm, excited, can't-wait-to-mail-it feeling you get when you find the PERFECT GIFT for a friend!! Triple that feeling and that's how these adorable file folders and Parisian labels make me feel.

I found them linked to a thrice-weekly blog I receive called "French-Word-A-Day." The blog's author, Kristen Espinasse, is an American married to a handsome Frenchman. They live in the south of France and have just purchased a 400-year old house with a vineyard. Kristen blogs about French words she finds intriguing and always includes a story vignette and a picture about her life, her husband and her children. She also provides links to various French-related websites.One such link took me to Amazon.com and these French items. I couldn't resist buying a pack of the file folders and the little tin of labels.

I'll send two folders and some labels to my friend, Marie. She's going to Paris again in April. Two more folders will go to my Colorado friend, Anne, who is also going to Paris (for the first time!) in June. The folders will be perfect for them to save travel plans, articles, receipts, maps, business cards in. Edith, my wonderful friend with awesome 'travel karma,' will get two as well. My guess is she'll use them to organize her fabulous photos.

I'll keep the rest. One has already made the trip to work. I slipped it into a file holder on my desk, right in front where I can see it all day. When I have to carry letters to the mailbox, an agenda to a meeting, or notes for a report someplace, they go into the folder and off I go carryaing a tiny memory of France with me along with my work! A simple pleasure that brings a spot of joy into a sometimes long, stressful or frustrating work day.

Guess this purchase was not only the perfect gift for friends, but for me as well!

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

How cute - your friends will be so happy to get their little surprise! (or perhaps not a surprise if they're reading your blog!)

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin