Wednesday, January 9, 2008

P.S. I Love You!

I've been mulling over yesterday's post and feel like I need to add a postscript to it...mainly because I didn't mean to slight my son, Travis. I have absolutely loved him unconditionally from the day he was born almost 36 years ago. With your own children, tho, it's so easy to get caught up in all the stresses of parenting, earning a living, being a good spouse. When that happens, you sometimes forget how important it is to love your children without regrets and with no strings attached.

It's a little different being a grandmother. I don't have to hassle with things like potty training and making sure the baby eats his vegetables. When he's fussy, I know Mommy and Daddy will be here soon to take him home, and I'll have peace and quiet. The pressure is off; I can allow myself to just feel the love, the precious blessing of the baby who has just become a teenager. And now I'm doubly blessed as I have little Parker to love unconditionally as well.

No comments:

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin