Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Day

It's New Year's Day at Red Bell Farm and bitterly cold! The thermometer says 5 degrees; the forecast says wind chills of minus 15-20 today. Brr-r-r! It will be a challenge to muster up the courage to take Lucie for a walk later.

No, I didn't stay up until midnight last night. New Year's Eve is not a holiday I celebrate much. Thankfully, the evening was quiet....no political candidate calls. Iowa is in a frenzy preparing for the caucuses on Thursday and the candidates take every opportunity to get your attention...radio ads, TV ads, newspaper ads, phone calls. It's never-ending! But after Thursday evening, Iowa will go back to being that place 'somewhere in the middle' that no one really cares about...and that's fine with me!

I plan to go to my first caucus this year. I'll let you know how that goes.
You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin