Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Sign of the Times

It's a sign of the times. All managers from my lowly level and up have been 'asked' to take 10 days off without pay between now and September 29th. We had a choice of how to do this, and I chose to do a day a pay period. Because I have a lot of paid time off that I need to use or lose, I've decided to stack paid and unpaid days together and take little mini-breaks. This week is my first. I'm taking Thursday and Friday off; backed up to the weekend, this gives me a 4-day break from work....yippee!! So, this evening I celebrated. First, a masssage after work, followed by a drive home accompanied by the most beautiful double rainbow, then a lovely dinner of stinky roquefort cheese, baguette, huge green olives rolled in olive oil and herbes d'Provence, and a big glass of a chewy, lush Cahors wine. Ah! this is the good life...and I might as well celebrate this unexpected time off instead of bitching about it. I'll plant marigolds and tomatoes tomorrow.

3 comments:

Isabelle said...

Way to go!
We only have one life after all...

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

You make enforced time off sound delightful!!

Kristin said...

I love your "half-full" perspective. Enjoy and may the fun continue into the weekend. PS: all this talk of yummy French food, and you've just given me a menu idea: roquefort pasta!

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin